RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Upper/Middle Class mean affluent...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

While I can see your fustration, there are many kids I knew who could afford the busfare from Buff Bay to Port Antonio on a daily basis to go to Titchfield or Highgate to St.Mary's high the nearest high schools and not because them parents not working so your father paying for you to go to a good school is testiment that he is in a good league.

While we a struggle fi a go a school some kids had drivers that took them to school so them coulda bawl blood "them rich". it's not all bad as long as you nah go hijack no plane or long Island railroad shooter
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
      Funny to rhatid!

When I used to go dancehall stageshows back in the day, and the DJ dem would "big up all Junglist, all Firehouse crew, TG unooo large" I used to say to me bredren dem, "Would be nice if one day a DJ would big up Mona or Red Hills"

I wonder if Bricky ever hear dem big up Norbrook or Russell Heights?
      LOL! Cyaan stop laff!

Is true doh. And wi have so many rich kids in it now, from Tami Chynn to Cesar and di rest a dem. Why dem cyaan big up dem community?!

Well, maybe because their community does not attend their shows?!?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

One of my schoolmates had a chauffeur...sorry, a driver as he liked to say...pick him up in the Range or the top of the line Audi. And he believed he was the poorest of us all!

Cool, grounded fellow still, just like you, Brickie!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
          Is true doh. And wi have so many rich kids in it now, from Tami Chynn to Cesar and di rest a dem. Why dem cyaan big up dem community?!
          Seeit deh again. How yuh know dem rich? Remember the class ting in Jamaica does not mean yuh have money or don't have money. Sean Paul people never "rich". Him modda is an artist and him pops was in jail fi hustling. So yuh really mean to say upper/middle class

Comment

I remember one youth had a driver who parked inside the school compound and wait then took the kids to lunch and home after. Him went to join Gamma and BenJ at Champion for six form .
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
              so your father paying for you to go to a good school is testiment that he is in a good league.
              But he made a choice to spend the money he had on his children,s education. He couldn't have done both: school fees and flossing. If him was "rich" he would have been able to.

Comment

Well a same way everybody who live a jungle a criminal. which one you want?
                Bwoy Sass - yuh on a roll tidday
                Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
                - Langston Hughes

Comment

Originally posted by Bricktop View Post
                  Seeit deh again. How yuh know dem rich? Remember the class ting in Jamaica does not mean yuh have money or don't have money. Sean Paul people never "rich". Him modda is an artist and him pops was in jail fi hustling. So yuh really mean to say upper/middle class
                  Okay then!

She certainly was not one of those struggling artists since she was able to afford him a Hillel education!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Di man went to friggin Wolmers. Him mussi go Hillel fi a year or sumting. Hell my yute go to Hillel and me a eat Ramen noodles

Comment

Don't get mad, Brickie. Just having some fun with your status.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Tue story: I went to a Hillel graduation party for my son at one of the truly rich parents house. So i got to talking to this one lady and she asked me what I'm doing later tonight so i told her I'm going out. She inquired as to which establishment I was going to frequent and my response was Passa Passa. Needless to say that was the end of the conversation

Comment

You notice how the rich DJ them still hang unto the ghetto/poor man label?

Even when them a upper upper middle class? and we make them get a pass.

Comment

She is thinking what a grave mistake she made, sending her kids to the same school as yours!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

You notice how the rich DJ them still hang unto the ghetto/poor man label?

Even when them a upper upper middle class? and we make them get a pass.
                              Do they? I think it's more like the lower middle class DJ's like Zumjay who went to KC but deejay a bag a gangster/badman lyrics and would like you to think dem nuh come from nowhere

Comment

You may have a small point Brickie. As in Mobay's
                                case many working class took advantage of the flight to Miami
                                in the 70s and bought homes in Ironshore (serious neighbourhood back in the 70s). The humor that goes with it is that they changed their church (no more protestant but Anglican ) They can now only shop out by the suprmarket in Ironshore (cyaan to mix up nuh more) their kids now
                                had to go to private school and last but not least they switch political parties LOL. The above caused some young boys in Mobay to enter the drug trade to maintain a certain image. So yes you have point.

Concerning the Frays: If it's the same family; (which I'm almost sure it is) the grandfather had a furniture store when you tun to go the market (this was in the 70s) the Aunt and I attended the same primary school (in the same class at one point).

I wouldn't say they (the Frays) were poor, not to my knowledge at least but yeah Brickie you have a point some jakans worked hard and took advantage, hence their kids could enjoy living in a decent neighbourhood.

I know of a working class family that owned a home in Ironshore ut nevr moved there; always rented it out to professionals and kept under the radar yuh haffi smart.

Comment

Working...
                                X