RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Broken promise? - Opposition says PM reneged on pledge ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Don1 View Post
    That wouldn't be advice...that would be a demand.... if yuh a guh fi a morgrige an yuh banka seh yuh fi chop up some credit cyard if yuh fi get dat...yuh call dat advice?Ah dat dem call the lender of last resort... im nuh gi advice
    Is there anyone willing to admit there was word of such a negotition early last year? Shaw and the PM came out and basically poured cold water on it. Now looking back it is clear that they wanted to keep their cards close to their chest until it was time to put it on the table.

But of course ppl gonna claim dem nuh memba cause they cannot give credit where its due.

Don1, I see you're giving credit to a character whose name starts with "A" based on what I'm hearing it was Keith Duncan of JMMB that first approached the gov't about this.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
      Is there anyone willing to admit there was word of such a negotition early last year? Shaw and the PM came out and basically poured cold water on it. Now looking back it is clear that they wanted to keep their cards close to their chest until it was time to put it on the table.

But of course ppl gonna claim dem nuh memba cause they cannot give credit where its due.

Don1, I see you're giving credit to a character whose name starts with "A" based on what I'm hearing it was Keith Duncan of JMMB that first approached the gov't about this.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

and so we are right back where we started...TRIBALISM!!!!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

wich karacta dat?
          TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

well you have 3 choice. You can find keep your credit card, find another banker or huddle up your family and set the rules.

It is still a choice.
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Don1 View Post
              wich karacta dat?
              Had to search for the name. "Trevor Alleyne" If I misunderstood your post .. then I stand corrected.
              "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                well you have 3 choice. You can find keep your credit card, find another banker or huddle up your family and set the rules.

It is still a choice.
                google banker of last resort... then google Hobson's Choice

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

Had to search for the name. "Trevor Alleyne" If I misunderstood your post .. then I stand corrected.
                  Yes is im run di IMF show dung deh.

Look at the situation logically... if the debt restructuring was a GOJ plan... and Latibeaudiere opposed the (rapid) low interest rate regime that it is designed to achieve... then NO WAY would he have been appointed to lead the negotiations and try to sell that to the IMF.... that just makes no sense... I credit the GOJ with some sense..

...Ergo ... this nice debt restructuring was the IMF's plan...meaning Dr Alleyne's plan

But whosoever made the plan... it deserves 100% support...

Wedda Drivah ar Chauffeur....FORWARD!

Comment

Broken promise? - Opposition says PM reneged on pledge to disclose letter of intent

Opposition leader Portia Simpson Miller on Tuesday night blasted Prime Minister Bruce Golding for breaking a promise to disclose the full contents of the Letter of Intent to borrow money from the International Monetary Fund (IMF) before the agreement is signed.

"He indicated that some of the details relating to the IMF programme are so sensitive that public disclosure, or a debate in Parliament on the matter, could further delay or even derail an agreement with the International Monetary Fund," Simpson Miller said of a meeting with Prime Golding, which took place on Tuesday.

Simpson Miller was addressing a People's National Party (PNP) forum held at The Jamaica Pegasus, Tuesday evening.

The Government has indicated that the IMF board is to deliberate on the Letter of Intent (LOI) on January 27, more than a week after Parliament debates the issue on January 19.

However, the Opposition has complained that Golding has broken a promise to give full details before the agreement is signed off. Jamaica is seeking to borrow up to US$1.3 billion from the IMF.

But Marlon Morgan, a technical adviser to Finance Minister Audley Shaw and member of Generation 2000 - the young affiliate of the governing Jamaica Labour Party (JLP) who attended the forum - sought to punch holes in Simpson Miller's charge that Golding has broken his promise with regard to the IMF.

Three tiers

"There are three tiers at the IMF. There is the middle management, who is more or less in possession of the Letter of Intent as we speak; the senior management, and the board. It would stand to argue that the board will have in its possession the LOI after the debate in Parliament," Morgan said.

However, Simpson Miller and Dr Omar Davies, the opposition spokesman on finance, dismissed Morgan's explanation.

"The fact is that the prime minister indicated to us that there were sensitive issues that he does not want to get out there. How then can we debate it in full on the 19th," Simpson Miller asked.

Davies said that, if the full details cannot be disclosed before the IMF signs off on the document, it would mean that the Parliamentary discussion takes place in a vacuum.

"What we understood then was that a Letter of Intent - which contains commitment of the government of Jamaica, on behalf of the people of Jamaica, to abide by certain rules - what we understood by a full debate was that we would be exposed to what the elements of this agreement contained, and that we would have the opportunity to voice our views as well as to make suggestions," Davies said.

Meanwhile, Simpson Miller said the Golding-led government has developed a trust deficit which will impair the ability of the country to survive the current economic tsunami.

"In addition to the gaping physical deficit and the monetary deficit, this government also has a trust deficit. This trust deficit is of the government's own making. The deficit of trust this government now faces has led to great levels of insecurity, anxiety and confusion in or nation," Simpson Miller said.

http://www.jamaica-gleaner.com/glean...ews/news1.html
                    an exercise in irrelevance

Comment

PNP will be irrelevant for the next 12 years.. unless dem mek fundamental change to dem structcha....

Comment

12 now. i thought it was 18!?!?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Where did you get that thought comrade ?

Comment

Working...
                          X