X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JTA welcomes planned facility for problem students

JTA welcomes planned facility for problem students
    Tuesday, August 24, 2010

THE Jamaica Teachers' Association has welcomed plans by the State to purchase property for the first 'time-out' facility for disruptive students, while urging the Government to consider more of such facilities.

The JTA was responding to an announcement by Education Minister Andrew Holness, who told the JTA's annual conference in Ocho Rios, St Ann last Wednesday that Cabinet was expected to sign off on an agreement to purchase a property in St Elizabeth to accommodate the new time-out facility for problem students in the system. The property to be used is the old Jamaica Football Federation (JFF) training facility in Malvern, St Elizabeth.

The property was bought by the JFF in 2006 for $22 million, mainly from money donated by the Federation of International Associations of Football (FIFA) from its 'Gold Project' fund, designed to help uplift small, less developed nations with their football infrastructure. It was expected to house a football academy.

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/news/...udents_7892473

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Them a help out them friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Me View Post
      Them a help out them friend.
      Yet...needed!
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

I can more see that place as a football academy than as a place for problem students. Some major work would have to be done to convert it into the latter.

Anyway, glad that the JFF has taken it off it's shoulders. I guess there is nothing to prevent us finishing the academy now!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Hey Mo - if yuh gi de teacha any chubble, mi gwen banish yuh to
          Sint Elizabeth
          Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
          - Langston Hughes

Comment

No him know down deh too well. A vacation you send him pon.

Give him a visa and send him down a Exile and Peter R land.
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Working...
            X