RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Come on WARmington, why so mellow? We need entertainment.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Come on WARmington, why so mellow? We need entertainment.

CDF responds to Contractor General’s demand for meeting minutes

The Constituency Development Fund (CDF) Committee on Tuesday morning responded to a request from the Office of the Contractor General that all future minutes of the meeting should be submitted to his office for review.
    Committee Chairman Everald Warmington, who brought the letter to the Committee, explained that Contractor General Greg Christie wants minutes of meetings beginning October this year.
    However, Mr. Warmington contends that while he is not in opposition to the request he does not have the authority to adhere to it.
    “As chairman of the committee we report to the speaker and I made it clear that I have no authority to turn over any document of parliament to any entity or individual. Therefore if he has any concern he is to address his concern to the Speaker to whom all committees report,” Mr. Warmington said.
    CDF Member Derrick Kellier agreed.
    “What Act and section of what Act did he quote that empowered him to make any such request, bearing in mind what you said earlier being a creature of the parliament and the fact that if he needs information, which is public information, it’s on the air, on newscasts, then he must go through the channel of approaching the speaker and that is how the parliament works,” Mr. Kellier said.
    But another CDF Member Andrew Gallimore disagreed.
    “I don't think that we have anything to hide and I think that we should facilitate his request in any way that we can. He already has representatives with the CDF unit and that has been a longstanding project, it’s not a new development. So whatever we can do to facilitate him I personally have no objection to that,” Mr. Gallimore said.
    Mr. Warmington said he would write to the OCG outlining the procedures.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

friggin idiot!

not you this time, Lazie!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
    X