No announcement yet.

A Highway 2000 Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

and while you are at it.. tell us where di Blue Mountains disappeared tuh..

Geospatial black hole ?

lol ! woiee !

Comment

Originally posted by Muadib View Post
      and while you are at it.. tell us where di Blue Mountains disappeared tuh..

Geospatial black hole ?

lol ! woiee !
      wooiiiee mi event horizon!!
      TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Dis is a tough one.. it all ah sen some man off di edge of long mountain..

You should offer a monetary prize fi guess dis one !

Comment

If I were a betting man, I would say this shot is facing west, just after passing through tolls headed towards Portmore mall. I can't see it being anywhere else but there. I think you are looking at Juan De Bolas mountain peak to the left and to the right the range is the extension of the hills running parallel to the Spain town road from behind Duhaney park headed west towards Spain and beyond.

Comment

Originally posted by Stonigut View Post
            If I were a betting man, I would say this shot is facing west, just after passing through tolls headed towards Portmore mall. I can't see it being anywhere else but there. I think you are looking at Juan De Bolas mountain peak to the left and to the right the range is the extension of the hills running parallel to the Spain town road from behind Duhaney park headed west towards Spain and beyond.
            I agree with you on the direction we're looking, except your placement of Juan de Bolas is off , that peak would be even farther west and then to the north of that mountain on the right. There is no mountain to the left in that picture, unless my eyes are deceiving me.
            Peter R

Comment

And the winner is Stonigut...

Facing NW on the Portmore Toll Road, just after going under the overpass for traffic from Port Henderson.. picture was probably taken from on top of the overpass...

If you took Don1 Spatial Awareness and Photographic Analysis 101 class yuh can just make out the Cement factory and Beverly Hills..

Attached Files
              Last edited by Muadib; August 9, 2014, 11:18 PM.

Comment

Well, when I said facing west I was being more general, as the discussion was more on whether it was east facing or west facing, in truth it is facing northwest and even though that looks like a little hill from there that is actually many miles away, in looking at the picture again you are right, I think that little hill is way more north than I thought and not so far west at all and may actually 'be that first hill by the Spanish town road after passing Cremo, behind 'Ye olde Ferry Inn' really tough to tell.
                Last edited by Stonigut; August 10, 2014, 12:26 AM.

Comment

Maudib I came to same conclusion that the picture was taken from the top of that overpass going over to a Fort Augusta side.

Comment

LOL!! Whatdat foolfool picture yuh attach supposed to prove??

mi belly!!

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

Yuh is a glutton for punishment..

Yuh find the Cement factory or Blue Mountains yet claffy ?

Between Stoni description and my picture there is enough info for even a primate to locate di section of di Highway and the direction dem facing..

If yuh cyaan find it all now.. wi cyaan help yuh..

Comment

mi nuh seh di direction incorrect.... an yuh task fi look fi cement factory ah fooliniss

whe mi seh is dat foolfool image yuh attach nuh spell nuh sense...it nuh prove nutten

Comment

Here you go Historian.. the latest location of Beverly Hills...

Attached Files

Comment

How about the Blue Mountains...

Yuh find dem yet ?

Proof ? Mi fi cast pearls before swine ? dem days deh dun.. mi prefer give yuh rope...

Comment

Thanks to Everyone in This Thread!

I truly appreciate the efforts of everyone in this thread to accurately place this photograph!

Like I said above, I was genuinely confused, which is why I placed this appeal on the message board. It is a truly beautiful and impressive piece of highway, and brings to mind those found in so-called First World countries!

As far as road infrastructure is concerned, we are progressing albeit at a snail’s pace. But the bottom line is that people who have not been to Jamaica in, say, a decade or two, would be absolutely shocked! And I mean positively shocked at certain welcome infrastructural developments.

Comment

Thanks Very Much, Muadib!

Originally posted by Muadib View Post
                                Here you go Historian.. the latest location of Beverly Hills...

Thanks very much, Muadib!

I just saw this after making my previous post. This photo you posted was obviously taken before that project was finished, but the resemblance to the photo I posted is certainly uncanny.

This definitely resembles the one in my thread-starter (three lanes and all). My problem is that I am not very familiar with the country of my birth (and this is sad)!

Thanks a million for the time and effort spent in researching this!

Comment

Working...
                                X