X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The same factors are in effect today.

ok here is a more updated
    http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/14/opinio...ole/index.html
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Asssasin, this has nothing to do with Trump. There may or may not be a bubble, I am not taking a position on that. My point is that a 10 year high in housing starts in February does not support the argument that the housing industry is being affected by missing undocumented workers who are hiding due to Trump immigration policies announced at the end of January.
      "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

As I said above it is not all about Trump and I expected some pull back but Trump policy will only assist with the fear by immigrant knowing that they buy at least 1/3 of the new housing and a pull back will only affect the market even more plus his lack of oversight.

The fact is you fail to see any possibility of Trump policy affecting the market and downturn anytime soon but time will tell.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Not true, actually I expect that it will affect both the economy and the markets at some point. Wether that will be net positive or net negative is yet to be seen. Right now though, his rhetoric , much more than his actual actions, has not caused any major damage.

Truth is I am much more worried about Trumps foreign policy than anything he does domestically. No foriegn leader including US allies will trust anything he says so I don't see how he will be able to negotiate anything of significance.
          "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

and you don't think the foreign policy will affect the economy??? Immigration is not just domestic. People not traveling to the US and not buying our product will affect the US. Overseas investors refusing to buy in the US because of his so called "US first Policy" will affect the economy. See G20 not thinking free trade because of his "import tax".

There maybe some positive but here is a good read

https://www.forbes.com/sites/beltway.../#56b839483100

Comment

Nice = imperative...just being understated.

Not a plan to save humanity per se, but contingencies for when the shat hits the fan, as it seems increasingly likely to do.

Charity begins at home, but if we execute right, we might have some space on the bandwagon for some of the goodly other people, the kind dat offered help during the civil rights era, for example.

When Babylon blows up, everybody likely to tek licks.

Comment

Originally posted by Willi View Post
                Nice = imperative...just being understated.

Not a plan to save humanity per se, but contingencies for when the shat hits the fan, as it seems increasingly likely to do.

Charity begins at home, but if we execute right, we might have some space on the bandwagon for some of the goodly other people, the kind dat offered help during the civil rights era, for example.

When Babylon blows up, everybody likely to tek licks.
                Lang time mi ah tell peeple fi mek up dem Plan B!!!!!!

Dem tek dis ting fi joke
                TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

I don't live in Democratic stronghold. The Repubs around me are afraid to talk politics because I call their bluff. First thing I ask them is if they are christian and I ask them how they could support "Chump" and having young kids. With his language, hate and lies on a daily basis. They normally walk away embarrassed. When I see this optimism last 6 months then they can talk.

Comment

His actions may affect it, almost any policy has some effect.

I am just very skeptical about the claim that people won't want to come to the US because of Trump policies. Just don't think the number of people who feel that way versus those who would love to visit , work or invest are significant enough to make any measurable difference.

When I hear that embassy waiting queues are empty , or H1B visa quotas not being used up then maybe I will believe it. I form and change opinion based on stats and data not anecdotes from Uncle Tony and what happen to his wife cousin.

Comment

What???

I personally klnow of lots of people around me here in Europe that are electing to give the US a wide berth. This is NOT theoretical and the bookings are already down.

Whoi want to spend big money and risk getting detained for hours to anwer a few stupid questions and even risk being sent back home on the next flight if the immigration officer has a bad hair day?

Comment

We need all Plan C as well as the situation is very fluid and lots of unintended consequences will likely materialize.

Comment

Whoi want to spend big money and risk getting detained for hours to anwer a few stupid questions and even risk being sent back home on the next flight if the immigration officer has a bad hair day?
                          Look like you been living in Europe too long. A LOT of people all over the world risk more than that every day for a chance to visit the US.

Trump is struggling to even get his 6 Muslim country ban through the courts to rhatid. Even if he eventually gets some version of it through its is clear there are limits and checks on what he will be able to do.

Again, when I see data showing major dropoff in applications for US visas I will pay attention. Until then its all speculation.

Comment

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2017/0...vel-to-the-U-S

EU citizens dont need viasa! It look like yuh not au fait with runnings. People voting with dem bank books. The 6 or 7 Muslim countries are NOT the big spenders and when the Immigration man dem get bumptious, people avoid them like the plague.

Tek yuh head outta he sand and understand that all an sundry around me and in the UK are taking a pass!!!

It does not mean that no one will go, it means that many will opt not to and that has a $$$$ impact. Farrin tourists spend on average FOUR times what domestic ones do and I read an estimatre in the NYT last week that says that if current trends hold, tourist spending will be down by $95b in 2017. They say that 90K jobs will thus be at risk.

Comment

Why you think so many big tech companies are against the policy. The company I work for, I hear the uncertainty in upper management about the immigration and the trade policy. Many of the companies are telling their execs with Visas and green card to limit travel.

Business Travel down
                              https://www.businesstraveller.com/ne...siness-travel/

NYC projection for foreign visitors is down 300,000. It is real Iman not just uncle and auntie.

Comment

Application for International Students are down bigtime. Colleges are bawling as they get double tuition and lodging from them.

Comment

Working...
                                X