No announcement yet.

X and Warlord

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

However he is rated is beside the point...6 goals in 18 matches is VERY good. Fuller according to www.premierleague.com is in very good company. he is tied with five or six players who have 6 goals; there are 12 players ahead of him in goal scoring.

That stat alone is good enough for me... to say him no good is baffling unless he has given away goals?? BTW 170 odd players have scored a goal or more... High priced people like Tevez still floundering on one... is Tevez good? http://www.premierleague.com/page/St...,12306,00.html
    Peter R

Comment

Originally posted by Peter R View Post
      However he is rated is beside the point...6 goals in 18 matches is VERY good. Fuller according to www.premierleague.com is in very good company. he is tied with five or six players who have 6 goals; there are 12 players ahead of him in goal scoring.

That stat alone is good enough for me... to say him no good is baffling unless he has given away goals?? BTW 170 odd players have scored a goal or more... High priced people like Tevez still floundering on one... is Tevez good? http://www.premierleague.com/page/St...,12306,00.html
      Thia Warlord guy is a joke... not a serious observer of the game.... reaches a conclusion first... then twists and turns to justify his misconceptions.
      TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Bwaay yuh brave fi post this crap!

#3 is irrelenat ? Being a prolific scorer being able to put the ball in the back of the net ..IRRELEVANT FOR A STRIKER! but then you state as #1 in your list as good finishing, whats the difference?

I would say the difference is doing it on a consistent basis , wouldnt you?
        That would make them QUOTE GOOD STRIKER!

It is imperative that the striker be prolific in my book , one a day or every other day, do you agree?
        THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

you can be a good striker without being a prolific one. So far, Shelton has been a prolific striker for Jamaica (against weaker opponents) but he is far from being a good one. Based on what I have seen of him on tv, none of his goals show a striker who have mastered "good finishing" skills. He can't even tie Fuller's shoe lace when it comes to that.
          Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Originally posted by Don1 View Post
            Thia Warlord guy is a joke... not a serious observer of the game.... reaches a conclusion first... then twists and turns to justify his misconceptions.
            You get the raw facts courtesy of bbc stats and you still cant believe it can you? Sad when you just cant face the truth about Fuller's ability.

Comment

[quote=Assasin;144329]

How does Jones get inna that group as top class Premier Striker?

Kenwyne is a quality premiership striker that is highly rated.

Where is the record to back that up? He had one promising season last year so you can take him out

His record as of right now is 4 goals in 9 games. That means he has been alot more efficient in scoring as opposed to Fuller who has 6 goals in 19 games for Stoke.

Who you see comparing Fuller to Anelka and Adebayor? While Gabi is inform and playing well, he is only a player developing

Get real. Many Fullers fans here are putting him is the same league as far as being a good striker is concerned based on the fact that he is in the goal scoring charts. On technical ability and alround play he is no where near Adebayor, Drogba, Jones and Agbonlahor.

Oh Btw, even with his scoring exploits why havent any other higher tier premioership club gone in for him? There was a story on Sky Sports yesterday indicating that Chelsea manager Scolari is interested in signing Kenwyne Jones in the new year. Make of that what you will.

Comment

Originally posted by Peter R View Post

In case you didnt know Tevez is loaned to Man U they didnt buy him. And no that isnt efficient scoring. 6 goals in 19 games for Stoke isnt efficient in terms opf goals per games ratio.

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
                  "

Warlord, your other points are good additions to what make a "good" striker, but in my opinion they are not ABSOLUTELY necessary. A striker doesn't need to be a good header. Thierry Henry, RVN, Romario are all great strikers who scored most of their goals with their feet. A good kicker/stiker of the ball is not ABSOLUTELY necessary if the striker compensates his defiency with proper positioning and good instinct and proper placement. He also doesn't have to be able to "hold up" the ball well either. I give you Romario, Ronaldo (both). If the team's tactics demands it, then they should get such a player. Another point which I should add is the striker's ability to convert his chances. Here I think Fuller wins hands down based on his statistics. Take club and international out of the equation between both Fuller and Shelton a go by simply number of goals converted. It takes skill to convert a goal regardless of how simple it may seem. Fuller wins on all counts!!!!
                  To be a complete striker you have to learn to head the ball at goal. Yorke in Aston Villa and later at Man U was great at scoring goals with both feet as well as heading the ball. Andrew Cole was also a good header of the ball so too was Alan Shearer. It is important for a striker to learn how to head the ball properly as an out and out striker. It adds another dimension to a complete strikers game. Which is why strikers like that are so dangerous to defend against. They can beat you with both feet or there heading ability at goal.

It is also equally important to have great first touch and have hold up play. Todays football is played more at a tactical level as opposed to a decade or two ago. I do agree that finishing is a big part of a strikers ability. Again the really solid strikers dont need many chances to score goals. They can bury you with slimest of half chances. The predatory instinct was important. Shearer was very good at that. So too was Van Nistelrooy, Yorke and Solsjaer. Fuller isnt that type of player. Shelton isnt and can still has time to learn how to better position himself in the box. Fuller cannot learn the fundamentals of a striker at this age because he is nearing 30 and has already peaked. It wont get better any better for him..he will start to decline in production. He already looks slower and the permierleague is fast paced with big physical strong fit defenders.

Comment

Originally posted by Warlord View Post
                    You get the raw facts courtesy of bbc stats and you still cant believe it can you? Sad when you just cant face the truth about Fuller's ability.

Raw facts courtesy of BBC??

As I said ... you're a joke.
                    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

So is Henry a great Striker?
                      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

"To be a complete striker you have to learn to head the ball at goal. Yorke in Aston Villa and later at Man U was great at scoring goals with both feet as well as heading the ball. Andrew Cole was also a good header of the ball so too was Alan Shearer. It is important for a striker to learn how to head the ball properly as an out and out striker. It adds another dimension to a complete strikers game. Which is why strikers like that are so dangerous to defend against. They can beat you with both feet or there heading ability at goal."

Again I disagree with you here. A "good" striker doen't necessarily have to be a good header of the ball; I also believe that he doesn't have to be a good kicker either. However, he would become "great" if he can't kick the ball properly. My premise is that he can compensate for these deficiencies by great position, instincts and being able to convert his chances. The other night I saw a GREAT goal being scored. All the striker did was redirect the ball. A cross was whipped in hard from the left wing, and he ran into the 18 yard box and redirected the ball into the goal on the volley. Now that takes great skills. Ruud, Thierry, Ronaldo (Brazil), Romario, Rooney, Drogba, Eto, Torres are all some of the great strikers who possess these type of skills...Ronaldo (the Empire) should also be in that list but he is a winger who scores a lot.

Michael Tulloch who played for Jamaica during the 80's was a great header of the ball. The team played to his strengths and he scored many goals using his head, but he was sh#t when the ball came to him on the ground. Tim Cahill of Everton is also a great header of the ball and he scores most of his goals that way. He is certainly not the tallest player on the field yet he always seems to get the better of taller defenders. That is proper positioning and instincts.
                        Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

My apologies I overlooked the word "complete" in your response.

Comment

Okay... the point is tat Tevez wouldn't come cheap..right? anyhow, the sats show that the 12 th placed scorer in the EPL scores at the rate Fuller is scoring..i.e. 1 goal in three matches. So, i don't know why unuh don't give him his just dues... i don't know what you mean by "efficient" but if, of all the strikers in the league, you're #12 in goals...that is damn near excellent if you ask me... so you didn't.. but that's my opinion.
                            Peter R

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                              So is Henry a great Striker?
                              Im sure you know the answer to that question. The last discussion is about what makes a "complete" striker. A complete striker is one who masters the fundamentals and isnt one dimensional. Hope that answers your question.

Comment

[quote=Jangle;144596]"

Again I disagree with you here. A "good" striker doen't necessarily have to be a good header of the ball; I also believe that he doesn't have to be a good kicker either. However, he would become "great" if he can't kick the ball properly. My premise is that he can compensate for these deficiencies by great position, instincts and being able to convert his chances. The other night I saw a GREAT goal being scored. All the striker did was redirect the ball. A cross was whipped in hard from the left wing, and he ran into the 18 yard box and redirected the ball into the goal on the volley. Now that takes great skills. Ruud, Thierry, Ronaldo (Brazil), Romario, Rooney, Drogba, Eto, Torres are all some of the great strikers who possess these type of skills...Ronaldo (the Empire) should also be in that list but he is a winger who scores a lot.
                                I will agree all those mentioned are damn good strikers. It is also very dificult to direct a cross first time at goal and in the process placing the ball away from the keeper. Tottenham's goal that Modric scored today via Aaron Lennon's cross demonstrates how difficult that is to do. There has to be timing and placement. Great strikers know where to place the ball.

Michael Tulloch who played for Jamaica during the 80's was a great header of the ball. The team played to his strengths and he scored many goals using his head, but he was sh#t when the ball came to him on the ground. Tim Cahill of Everton is also a great header of the ball and he scores most of his goals that way. He is certainly not the tallest player on the field yet he always seems to get the better of taller defenders. That is proper positioning and instincts

Agree with your point here. Aerial ability is key. Some of those players sometimes outjump taller defenders.

Comment

Working...
                                X