No announcement yet.

X and Warlord

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5 why not one ? Prolific scorer in any arena ! You asked 5 that make a good striker , QUOTE GOOD STRIKER!

Not dribbler , juggler, speedster , ball controller, ! You see my friend a prolific goal scorer doesnt have to have all 5 qualities but at least 3 in my opinion with scorer being at the top without it , you can not be a striker period!.

1)Ball Control is a must

2) Pace or speed

3)Prolific goal scorer the most important for a striker , the ability to put the ball in the back of the net in any given arena.Here Fuller fails misreably.
    Last edited by Sir X; December 16, 2008, 09:25 AM.
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
      Bwoy yuh tek the whole day fe give me a response and all now yuh nuh ansa the question Anyways, I think it's safe for me to assume that you think Shelton is a better striker. If you can, list 5 attributes/skills that , "in YOUR opinion", make a good striker? This question is for you too X....... and anyone else who chooses to answer.
      1. Ball control/ Great first touch -
      2. Very well at hold up play (back to goal)allowing other players to get involved in the offence. Not giving the ball away.
      3. Good aerial ability.
      4. Can shoot the ball with good precision and on target consistently from the top of the 18 yard box as well as inside the 12 and 6.
      5. Good pace, can draw multiple defenders putting them under pressure with great finishing skills .

Comment

Originally posted by Warlord View Post
        How long has it been now since he scored? how many games has it been? Did he help his team win on Saturday? Is he still on 6 premier league goals in 17 matches?
        Six goals in 18 matches is a very respectable return for a Premier League striker... especially one playing for a weak team with poor midfield support.

Find another stat to use... this one doesn't support your argument.

Barclays Premier League Top Scorers

Anelka (Chelsea)

Agbonlahor (Aston Villa)

Robinho (Manchester City)

Ronaldo (Manchester United)

Zaki (Wigan Athletic)

Adebayor (Arsenal)

Bent (Tottenham Hotspur)

Cisse (Sunderland)

Crouch (Portsmouth)

Defoe (Portsmouth)

TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

You see how you can't listen to this breddah name warlord. The man has started 11 games and has been rested/used as a sub after international appearances yet this clown want to talk about only 6 goals.

If is one man love to make up things it is warlord.

Comment

Was Alan Shearer a good Shearer a Prolific striker? no speed
            Was Ian Rush a wicked striker? (No speed or hold up ball however great at positioning and reading the game)

Was Gary Linneker a wicked striker? (what exactly did he have except finishing)?

I could go on
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

X and Warlord. Me haffi wait until I get home fe ansa unuh.
              Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Originally posted by Me View Post
                You see how you can't listen to this breddah name warlord. The man has started 11 games and has been rested/used as a sub after international appearances yet this clown want to talk about only 6 goals.

If is one man love to make up things it is warlord.

Did he or did he not play the games? want me to post player stats?

This season Fuller has 6 league goals in 16 EPL games for Stoke. 6 in 19 games overall if you include league cup play. Whether or not he came on as a sub 5 times in the prem he still played in the game and it is counted as an appearance according to premiership stats. Step ya game up son. lol

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/shared/...ler_220101.stm

Comment

Originally posted by Don1 View Post
                  Six goals in 18 matches is a very respectable return for a Premier League striker... especially one playing for a weak team with poor midfield support.

Find another stat to use... this one doesn't support your argument.

6 goals in 18 games is a respectable return for a premiership striker that people here rate ova Anelka, Agbonlahor, Drogba, Kenwyne Jones, and Adebayor?

Drogba and Jones havent played much so far this season due to injury. Jones got back a month ago and already has 4 goals in far less appearances than Fuller. Make of that what you will.

Comment

How does Jones get inna that group as top class Premier Striker?

Where is the record to back that up? He had one promising season last year so you can take him out.

Who you see comparing Fuller to Anelka and Adebayor? While Gabi is inform and playing well, he is only a player developing.
                    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Did he or did he not play the games? want me to post player stats?

This season Fuller has 6 league goals in 16 EPL games for Stoke. 6 in 19 games overall if you include league cup play. Whether or not he came on as a sub 5 times in the prem he still played in the game and it is counted as an appearance according to premiership stats. Step ya game up son. lol

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/shared/...ler_220101.stm
                      A nuff striker would've given dem right hand for a record like that.That's quite good for a useless baller would u agree?

Comment

Originally posted by Dunny View Post
                        A nuff striker would've given dem right hand for a record like that.That's quite good for a useless baller would u agree?
                        Thing is the Fuller supporters here rate him ova Agbonlahor, Adebayor, Defoe, Anelka, Drogba and Kenwyne Jones. These players with the exception of Drogba and Jones have all scored more goals and their teams are in a better position in the table.

Drogba and Jones have been injured and are now coming back into their own. Jones already scored 4 goals in 9 games which is significantly less than Fuller's.

Comment

who a compare him to Adebayor, and Drogba?

How Jones come inna this. What have Jones done to deserve one of the top EPL strikers? He had a promising season last year and you are the one who continually compare Fuller with Jones.

Gabi is having great form but he is not yeat established as a top EPL striker, and yes I was was the first one on this board to sing this youth.

Defoe still haven't had a break out season, this season was suppose to be it but he is currently faultering.

Anyway you cut it, it is a good season for Fuller so far and his output is better than many.

Comment

Thing is the Fuller supporters here rate him ova Agbonlahor, Adebayor, Defoe, Anelka, Drogba and Kenwyne Jones. These players with the exception of Drogba and Jones have all scored more goals and their teams are in a better position in the table.

Drogba and Jones have been injured and are now coming back into their own. Jones already scored 4 goals in 9 games which is significantly less than Fuller's.
                            I never seen anyone on the forum say fuller is better than them players that you mention, and by the way you need to take Jones out of that company, him and Fuller are on a par the rest are in a different league.Fuller is a good player as his record shows you but it seems as if you've got something personal against him.

Comment

"5 why not one ? Prolific scorer in any arena ! You asked 5 that make a good striker , QUOTE GOOD STRIKER!

Not dribbler , juggler, speedster , ball controller, ! You see my friend a prolific goal scorer doesnt have to have all 5 qualities but at least 3 in my opinion with scorer being at the top without it , you can not be a striker period!.

1)Ball Control is a must

2) Pace or speed

3)Prolific goal scorer the most important for a striker , the ability to put the ball in the back of the net in any given arena.Here Fuller fails misreably."

X, yuh a your father's own son to rhatid.....pure gibberish!!!! I was able to decipher two solid points that you made: 1. Ball Control and 2. Pace or speed. Your number three is irrellevant.

Warlord, at least you attempted to answer my question:

"1. Ball control/ Great first touch -
                              2. Very well at hold up play (back to goal)allowing other players to get involved in the offence. Not giving the ball away.
                              3. Good aerial ability.
                              4. Can shoot the ball with good precision and on target consistently from the top of the 18 yard box as well as inside the 12 and 6.
                              5. Good pace, can draw multiple defenders putting them under pressure with great finishing skills
                              "

You both basically agree on two points, ball control and speed. Of those two points, I agree on just one point that I believe a "good" striker MUST have, and that is control or first touch. With his first touch, the "good" striker sets up his next move. In modern day football, a split second is all a striker needs to set himself up in a scoring position, whereas, a split second is all a "good" defender needs to thwart that scoring opportunity.
                              The rest of the attributes that "I" think a "good" striker need are:
                              2. Good finishing
                              3. Positioning/Awareness
                              4. Instincts
                              5. Selfishness

Good Finishing Ability can be learnt and perfected. How many times have you seen strikers in a one-on-one situation with the goalkeeper and missed or ra#ss the ball over the crossbar when they in the 6 yard box? A perfect example is Roen Nelson in the CFU Club Championship. A good striker places the ball to either side of the goalie...most times. Now between Fuller and Shelton, who you rather to see in such a position?

Positioning/Awareness can also be taught but this is a more inate skill. A "good" striker needs to be constantly aware of his position on the field as it relates to the opposing defenders and his teammates to receive the ball. Foot speed is not a requisite, but it complements his other attributes. One of the greatest strikers of all times, Ruud Van Nistleroy, can never be pegged as a speed demon, however, he was/is the most lethal in front of the goal. Can you say that Shelton exhibits a better level of awareness or positioning on the field in comparission to Fuller?

Instincts cannot be taught. You either have it or don't. A "good" needs to have the instincts to know where the ball is going to be played to convert the split-second scoring opportunity. A perfect example is again, Ruud Van Nistelroy. He scores most of his goals within the 18 yard box. Another example is Romario. Again they debunk the need for blazing speed. Does Shelton have that instinct over Fuller?

Selfishness can be termed also as singlemindedness. A "good" striker needs some amount of selfishness. He must take on that responsiblity to score the goal. Who is more selfish, Fuller or Shelton?

Warlord, your other points are good additions to what make a "good" striker, but in my opinion they are not ABSOLUTELY necessary. A striker doesn't need to be a good header. Thierry Henry, RVN, Romario are all great strikers who scored most of their goals with their feet. A good kicker/stiker of the ball is not ABSOLUTELY necessary if the striker compensates his defiency with proper positioning and good instinct and proper placement. He also doesn't have to be able to "hold up" the ball well either. I give you Romario, Ronaldo (both). If the team's tactics demands it, then they should get such a player. Another point which I should add is the striker's ability to convert his chances. Here I think Fuller wins hands down based on his statistics. Take club and international out of the equation between both Fuller and Shelton a go by simply number of goals converted. It takes skill to convert a goal regardless of how simple it may seem. Fuller wins on all counts!!!!
                              Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

He keeps saying we are comparing FULLER to the top strikers in the EPL. I am still waiting for him to pull these quotes from the archives.

Comment

Working...
                                X