No announcement yet.

X and Warlord

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you a flip the scrip. The question is not about complete striker. By the way let me not buss your bubble, there is NO COMPLETE striker, it is only wishful thinking.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Thenk Yuh Sass!!
      Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
        you a flip the scrip. The question is not about complete striker. By the way let me not buss your bubble, there is NO COMPLETE striker, it is only wishful thinking.

Flip the script? I answered your question son. There is no "complete" striker? Drogba, Adebayor, Dwight Yorke should I go on?

Thats almost as bad as saying Tim Duncan isnt a complete basketball player. There is something called fundamentally sound. learn that.

Comment

Tim Duncan is not a complete basketball player.

"Drogba, Adebayor, Dwight Yorke should I go on? "

NONE are not complete strikers, they all have weaknesses. The fact is as a part of a team you play to their strenght and minimise their weaknesses.
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
            Tim Duncan is not a complete basketball player.

"Drogba, Adebayor, Dwight Yorke should I go on? "

NONE are not complete strikers, they all have weaknesses. The fact is as a part of a team you play to their strenght and minimise their weaknesses.
            Tim Duncan isnt a "complete" basketball player? Have you ever watch this guy play in NCAA and later in the NBA as a pro? I guess the NBA greats who described him as a "complete" player dont know what they're talking about huh?

What weaknesses do Drogba, Yorke and Adebayor have as a striker? Please go ahead and name them for me.

Comment

For one Drogba is a diver. Abebayor can be a head case and yorke is great in he 18 yard box in his best days was not the best from outside.
              Again they all have their weakness.

have you seen Drogba or Abebayor playing for their countries in any top competition and tell me they look like the same player for their clubs.

So the Complete striker have 7 goals and Fuller with 6 is a rucks?

thanks you make my day.

Comment

[quote=Assasin;144819]

For one Drogba is a diver. Abebayor can be a head case and yorke is great in he 18 yard box in his best days was not the best from outside.
                Again they all have their weakness.
                Isnt the same thing said about Cristiano Ronaldo that he is a "diver"? does that negate the fact that he is a quality player that will walk into any team in the premiership or europe for that matter? Drogba's record speaks for itself? His technical ability is second to none and is by miles a far better player than Ricardo Fuller will ever be.

have you seen Drogba or Abebayor playing for their countries in any top competition and tell me they look like the same player for their clubs.
                detracting again huh? I though we were discussing the ability of permiership strikers in the EPL. How did we move from that and go to international football?

So the Complete striker have 7 goals and Fuller with 6 is a rucks?

Drogba was injured and even when he came back still isnt 100% match fit yet still managed to score 7 goals. Whats Fuller's excuse?

and btw...incase you missed it Kenwyne Jones scored again today after a brace last week saturday. That brings his tally to 5 goals in 10 matches this season and he himself isnt 100% match fit yet. What cha got to say now son.

Comment

Jones got about 100 chances since he has been back.

The same complain unnu have fi fuller that he hasn't scored for his country.

Comment

[quote=Assasin;144843]

Jones got about 100 chances since he has been back.
                    Exaggerating again? Jones got 100 chances since he's been back? No striker get that many chances unless maybe he was playing against a conference league side? was he?

Comment

Now that we have seen Shelton's major weakness, ball control, in comparission to Fuller, I thought I would bring this post back to the top for Warlord and X. Afterall, they strongly believe that Shelton is a better striker than Fuller.
                      Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

why not look at the one stat that really matters...GOALS/games

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
                          why not look at the one stat that really matters...GOALS/games
                          Can't really, because if you take the stats for int'l games, Shelton scored many unimportant goals against small weaker teams.His most important goal to date may be the one against Honduras in the last WCQ round.

Comment

fuller played in a few unimportant games himself over the course of his career!

so, no i don't agree with you that it is unimportant. the truth is if shelton were a better striker, those stats would have been doubled...but as it is he has a better return as a striker than does fuller

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Well Warlord also believe Jones' is a complete striker when his record for his country is not better than Fuller's.

Comment

All Luton need to do is just concentrate on his one and one finishing as he will be in that position very often.

It is nothing that constant practise can't take care of especially as when he is in the middle of his season his touch will only get better.

Comment

Working...
                                X