Name Affi Call: Hl ! Lazie ! Jawge ! OJ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was that our best?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
      Was that our best?
      From a `local` perspective i would think so.
      The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

OJ, NEVER EVER talk bout high school gteats without mentioning Shevon Stewart,zeen.

Comment

We depan a different tangent but best high school balla mi every see is Frank Bowen,followed by patcover.
          THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

'I see', said the blind man to his deaf son.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Walter " Blacka The Pearl" Boyd
              Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Island man did you see the sportsmax parish competition? You can replicate that further more, if every senior club is required a youth program of 4 predetermined age groups you will over time take the onus off school football. imagine if Harbour view decides it is better for its top 16 year olds to play and train with the club rather than playing for wolmers it is not that you kill school boy football but you take out the elite players just the same way there is an argument to take elite players out of the NCAA. MyY Merostats don't send a heir best talent to St Johns U only the ones that is not ready for their feeder system or project 40.

Comment

Don't know much by name but those two and a youth from Lennon are ones who could step into any mls academy and hold it down.They are others but I watch from a far so I won't pretend to know them.

Comment

I'm talking about people playing now...btw we figured you high school rant .After running you mouth bout tappa nuh have UEFA you try change the subject to defend high school. You is What Courtney would call a Waggonist!

Comment

Okay OJ.

Comment

Originally posted by OJ View Post
                        Island man did you see the sportsmax parish competition? You can replicate that further more, if every senior club is required a youth program of 4 predetermined age groups you will over time take the onus off school football. imagine if Harbour view decides it is better for its top 16 year olds to play and train with the club rather than playing for wolmers it is not that you kill school boy football but you take out the elite players just the same way there is an argument to take elite players out of the NCAA. MyY Merostats don't send a heir best talent to St Johns U only the ones that is not ready for their feeder system or project 40.
                        I think you are exactly correct. A school can't put a gun to a player's head to make them play, however, the clubs can put a gun to his head to make them NOT play in HS. This is now common place in many elite clubs in the US. It is also part of the US Development Academy requirements. As for NCAA, that is a wild "left turn" (that goes outside of FIFA) in the development of players which I believe will be history (as you say) for the top players who want to play pro. The MLS Academies will not (or do not) let their best play in NCAA or HS. This is the approach we should take. HS football is more about tribalism than development.
                        "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Marin View Post
                          I think you are exactly correct. A school can't put a gun to a player's head to make them play, however, the clubs can put a gun to his head to make them NOT play in HS. This is now common place in many elite clubs in the US. It is also part of the US Development Academy requirements. As for NCAA, that is a wild "left turn" (that goes outside of FIFA) in the development of players which I believe will be history (as you say) for the top players who want to play pro. The MLS Academies will not (or do not) let their best play in NCAA or HS. This is the approach we should take. HS football is more about tribalism than development.
                          " HS football is more about tribalism than development" ...well said Paul Marin. I think that explains it best.
                          "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

High school football is far more than tribalism.
                            Schools indentify the best players from a significant pool and showcase them.
                            The competitions are self sufficient,perhaps better sponsored than any under the umbrella of the JFF.
                            And then there are the players deciding to pursue football as a career only after distinguishing themselves in high school,it is well beyond the targeted age for an academy.
                            If anything, schoolboy soccer is a needed feeder..
                            Here is what I can't understand,we will not entertain scrapping champs but it is okay to do so with manning cup?
                            Both sport activities are extra curricular ones, and are overseen by people who perhaps are without the ideal credentials, or deemed part of The working mechanism.
                            The players on this very team all came from schoolboy football.
                            It is not one or the other.

Comment

A school can't put a gun to a player's head to make them play, however, the clubs can put a gun to his head to make them NOT play in HS.
                              Given that choice, most of the best ones will play HS, unless the clubs can match the financial incentives that the school programs are giving them.

That is the challenge. The high school programs, at least the top ones, have lots of funding, the clubs don't.
                              "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

I think some of the forumites are underestimating how difficult it is to do what they are proposing.

Anyway, like I said scrapping schoolboy football is not going to happen in Jamaica and the best players are going to play as long as that is where the sponsorship is. Whatever can be done to improve youth football development is going to happen around that, not in place of it.
                                "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Working...
                                X