No announcement yet.

Name Affi Call: Hl ! Lazie ! Jawge ! OJ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thats what I cant undersatnd with their proprosal,they dont factor in the cultural economic reality and present best practices which are 1st world,its not that we disagree or (I) that this is the right thing to do in an ideal world,but Jamaica isnt in the ideal position economically ,so to move against a 100 year culture of school boy football and economic sponsorship needs 1st world financial infusion.

It wont happen ! Rock ,I made that same point to a friend of mine,if we use school boy T&F to feed our senior national teams,why not football ?

Its good you guys put up 1st world best practices,in fact easy,any one can do that.Try suggesting a way forward that fits our cultural economic reality and you guys resort to ridiculing,ignoring and dismissing.

I have presented mine,others have stated the road blocks you guys would face,you guys are just shooting this pie in the sky vision.

Good luck.I will add to top it off,the path I suggested is suitable to our reality in the most obvious way,sponsorship is already in place for school boy football,it took over a 100 years of branding to reach here,Flow has used that cultural brand to sell its supercup.

Where and how do we sponsor yours ?
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
      I think some of the forumites are underestimating how difficult it is to do what they are proposing.

Anyway, like I said scrapping schoolboy football is not going to happen in Jamaica and the best players are going to play as long as that is where the sponsorship is. Whatever can be done to improve youth football development is going to happen around that, not in place of it.
      ...but it can be done. The fact is what we have is not working. Which football powerhouse rely on school boy football for talent?
      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Of course it can be done,in a 100 years ,or when we economically hit 1st world.The fact that other football nations dont use school boy football for talent does not make it a no go,or wrong !

In fact we have used school boy football with great success in the past to qualify for a WC campaign,reach 3rd place in the GC in 1993 and will continue to use it ,until we hit 1st world.

What you are doing is dismissing our cultural reality of over a 100 years of school boy football branding (sponsorship) to call for 1st world best practices without offering how you are going to build that 1st world brand,because what you suggest cost and enormous amount of money Lazie.

Schoolboy football with all its faults has been a success and the scary thing is if restructured properly,it can do a 100 times better.

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir X View Post
          Of course it can be done,in a 100 years ,or when we economically hit 1st world.The fact that other football nations dont use school boy football for talent does not make it a no go,or wrong !

In fact we have used school boy football with great success in the past to qualify for a WC campaign,reach 3rd place in the GC in 1993 and will continue to use it ,until we hit 1st world.

What you are doing is dismissing our cultural reality of over a 100 years of school boy football branding (sponsorship) to call for 1st world best practices without offering how you are going to build that 1st world brand,because what you suggest cost and enormous amount of money Lazie.

Schoolboy football with all its faults has been a success and the scary thing is if restructured properly,it can do a 100 times better.

"In fact we have used school boy football with great success in the past to qualify for a WC campaign,reach 3rd place in the GC in 1993 and will continue to use it ,until we hit 1st world."

Okay X ....
          "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Can you name a sport that Jamaica has done traditionally well at due primarily to a youth club or parish system? Does any club or parish organization have a well funded or supported youth system?

Can you name sports that we have done well at due to a school sports system ?
            "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Can you name a sport that Jamaica has done traditionally well at due to primarily to a youth club or parish system? Does any club or parish organization have a well funded youth system?

Can you name sports that we have done well at due to a school sports system ?
              I anticipated someone being eager to reference track and field. Other than the relays ... isn't T&F an individual sport? I might be wrong as I only watch the 100, 200, 400 and relays.

Football is an entirely different beast. I realize everyone keeps referencing tradition ....however how many stars from D Cup and Manning Cup looked like deer in headlights when the put on the national colors? OF all the top leagues in Europe there is Bailey at Bayer Leverkusen. I'm curious, was he an outstanding D Cup or Manning Cup player?

Just because a program does not exist now doesn't mean one cannot be implemented I-Man.

Comment

Grasping for straws Lazie , you are looking (IGNORANT) pass ridiculous ,so now the bar has been moved or jumbled to T&F being individual except for realys.

Now Bailey! what about the GC team of 93 - 3rd place ,the locals who made up our 1st WC 98- Lowe, Onandi etc etc . Gardener, Fuller,This current crop of GC finalist- Mattocks - Bride port, Romario- KC- Lowe - Camperdown- Blake- Clarendon college.

Your only card is to dismiss what is staring you dead in your eye.These guys came out of Jamaican highschool football.The thing about Bailey is he made it out when we had NO PROGRAM,like we had under the brazilians and that or he had nothing to do with our current success at this GC 2017, speaks to the talent that abounds.

That said others have made it out Post brazilains , thank god fi di MLS!

Comment

What is possible and what is practical are not the same.

And oh, BTW we have produced world class athletes in sports other than Track and Field. Do you know how many West Indies wicketkeepers Wolmers has produced for example? Some of them were the best in the world during their time.
                  "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Grasping for straws Lazie , you are looking (IGNORANT) pass ridiculous ,so now the bar has been moved or jumbled to T&F being individual except for realys.

Now Bailey! what about the GC team of 93 - 3rd place ,the locals who made up our 1st WC 98- Lowe, Onandi etc etc . Gardener, Fuller,This current crop of GC finalist- Mattocks - Bride port, Romario- KC- Lowe - Camperdown- Blake- Clarendon college.

Your only card is to dismiss what is staring you dead in your eye.These guys came out of Jamaican highschool football.The thing about Bailey is he made it out when we had NO PROGRAM,like we had under the brazilians and that or he had nothing to do with our current success at this GC 2017, speaks to the talent that abounds.

That said others have made it out Post brazilains , thank god fi di MLS!
                    In your Xuberant efforts ... did you read I-Man's post? Easy wid the attempted insults ...it doesn't improve your argument ... and I haven't insulted anyone. The question asked was "Can you name a sport that Jamaica has done traditionally well at due to primarily to a youth club or parish system?" So how are you going to accuse me of jumbling T&F? Do yourself a favor ... read the previous posts before commenting nuh.

1993? Wow ... talking bout going waaaaayyyy back. 1993 we won only 1 game in that tournament but .... I realize we're not going to agree on this. Eventually you will see that this isn't working .... let's hope it don't take you 100 years.

Comment

I understand Island loud and clear ,we are echoing each other.Do you undesrtnad that in your reading ?

Basically he is saying It takes cash to do what you suggest i.e sponsorship which is rooted in school boy sports to target youths, not what you suggested.

Comment

What is possible and what is practical are not the same.

And oh, BTW we have produced world class athletes in sports other than Track and Field. Do you know how many West Indies wicketkeepers Wolmers has produced for example? Some of them were the best in the world during their time.
                        ...and why isn't it practical I-Man? How impractical is it to come up with a strategy to improve youth development locally? You're gonna say funding? Funding is always an issue ... clear the first hurdle before thinking about the others.

I don't follow cricket so I will take your word for it. By the way ... how many countries (teams) used to play cricket back then? It's ok ... just keep it on football.

Comment

Mi Belly , how do you do anything with out funding?.....I know sidung and yap, yap,yap,beat up yuh gum , pie in the sky...mi belly.

I would love to see every club, with a pristine football field, no artificail 500k, with 2 outer field with the required UEAFA A coach running the senior team and B the youth teams, with a nutrionist and medical MD in RSPL.Playing in senior and youth leagues @ the parish association level/leagues.

IT CAN BE DONE !

Comment

Mi Belly , how do you do anything with out funding?.....I know sidung and yap, yap,yap,beat up yuh gum , pie in the sky...mi belly.

... !
                            "We are significantly increasing our financial support for member associations and football development to 5 million USD per four-year cycle for each member association from 1.6 million USD per cycle." (FIFA).

That's a start.

Secondly, how many leagues we have islanwide? How much money is thrown at sb football annually?

You just don't want to get away from sb football ....see you in Russia next year.
                            Last edited by Lazie; July 27, 2017, 12:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by OJ View Post
                              Island man did you see the sportsmax parish competition? You can replicate that further more, if every senior club is required a youth program of 4 predetermined age groups you will over time take the onus off school football. imagine if Harbour view decides it is better for its top 16 year olds to play and train with the club rather than playing for wolmers it is not that you kill school boy football but you take out the elite players just the same way there is an argument to take elite players out of the NCAA. MyY Merostats don't send a heir best talent to St Johns U only the ones that is not ready for their feeder system or project 40.
                              This of course is the sensible position.

Boys with the ability & desire to make a career of football should not be in school football. They should be play for a private club or be in a national development program.

Boys who play for fun or school vibes...those should be in school competitions.

Only dummies would propose that school football should be scrapped
                              TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Achtung Dummy!!

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
                                "School boy football naah guh no whey"

You may well be correct on that. Your comment reminds me of a post Sickko made way back ... that we will not qualify for another WC. I disagreed with him at the time ... but seeing the insanity of continuously trying to use a failed method to move forward ..... I recognized he was onto something.
                                The real insanity is your (and other Dummies) support for totally failed policies of using hordes of Snow Ballas to create a national team.

Since 1998 this Dummy Policy has resulted in:

1. 5 failed attempts at WCQ

2. Waste of 100s of Jamaican ballas

3. ZERO YOUTH DEVELOPMENT --

This is the WORST of all possible outcomes for Jamaican football.

You Dummies have lots of crimes against JA yutes to answer for...yet you're still yappin impertinently

Cyaan tap bun out the Dummy Crew.. 24X7X365
                                Last edited by Don1; July 27, 2017, 03:40 PM.
                                TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Working...
                                X