Now people lets hear it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now people lets hear it.

4 Tops or the Temptations? The Bittah1 call mi a flip flopper and all weekend end I've been flip flopping.

Suh lets hear it.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

the temptations with ruffin and kendricks.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Yep! Any other combo is knock-off Temps!
      "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Maybe I need to search for Temptations with those 2 then. Thanks.
        "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Here is some help:

The "Classic Five" Era of the Temptations:

Melvin Franklin, Eddie Kendricks, Otis Williams, Paul Williams, and David Ruffin.

In January 1964, Smokey Robinson and Miracles bandmate Bobby Rogers co-wrote and produced "The Way You Do the Things You Do" with Eddie Kendricks on lead. The single became the Temptations' first Top 20 hit that April. "The Way You Do The Things You Do" and several pre-David Ruffin singles were compiled onto the group's first album, Meet The Temptations, released in 1964. Kendricks led on the next two Temptations singles in 1964, "I'll Be in Trouble" and its better-known b-side "The Girl's Alright With Me", which Kendricks co-wrote, and "Girl (Why You Wanna Make Me Blue)". Producer Smokey Robinson saw potential in David Ruffin, thought that if he could write the perfect song for Ruffin's "mellow" yet "gruff" lead singing voice, then the group could have a hit.[13]

While traveling as part of Motown's Motortown Revue later that year Robinson and another fellow Miracle, Ronnie White, wrote "My Girl", which Ruffin and the group recorded in the fall of 1964. Released as a single on December 24, 1964, "My Girl", became the Temptations' first number-one pop hit in March 1965, and is their signature song to this day.

After the success of "My Girl", Ruffin sang lead on the next three Temptations singles: "It's Growing", "Since I Lost My Baby" and "My Baby", all of which made it to the Top 20 in 1965. The b-side to "My Baby", "Don’t Look Back", featured a stirring lead from Paul Williams, and was a sleeper hit on the R&B charts and a standard for vocal groups playlists.

Norman Whitfield had requested the opportunity to write for the group. In 1966, he was given the opportunity- should Robinson's "Get Ready" with Eddie Kendricks on lead fail to chart in the Top 20, the next song would be his. "Get Ready" missed the mark, and Whitfield's Ruffin-led "Ain't Too Proud to Beg" was released. The song did well, and Whitfield was made the group's main producer. He began pushing the group away from Robinson's ballad-based production towards a harder-edged and brass-heavy soul sound reminiscent of the work of James Brown.

Nearly all of the pre-1968 Whitfield-produced Temptations singles featured David Ruffin on lead vocals, including the R&B number-one/pop Top 10 hits "Beauty Is Only Skin Deep" and "(I Know) I'm Losing You" and the 1967 hit "(Loneliness Made Me Realize) It's You That I Need". Other important singles from this period included the incredibly popular, "You're My Everything", on which Kendricks and Ruffin share lead vocals, and "All I Need", produced by Whitfield's protégé Frank Wilson. Studio albums during the "Classic Five" period apart from Meet The Temptations include The Temptations Sing Smokey (1965), The Temptin' Temptations (1965), Gettin' Ready (1966), The Temptations with a Lot o' Soul (1967), and The Temptations Wish It Would Rain (1968).
          "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

"I Want To Pay You Back" is one of my favourite Tempations chunes!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

er...that is the stylistics

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

erm...are you sure now?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                  erm...are you sure now?
                  I think that was the Stylistics. To me the Temp classic was 'Just My Imagination". Running away with me. does anyone know who sang lead on that. I don't think it was the great DaVID Ruffen.

Comment

Eddie Kendricks. The last hit he sang lead on before he left the group.

Comment

search fi wha? If you nuh kno them nuh boddah...
                      Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
                      Che Guevara.

Comment

LOL!
                        Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
                        Che Guevara.

Comment

what yuh laffing bout? mind yuh know!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Sickko View Post
                            search fi wha? If you nuh kno them nuh boddah...
                            When yuh hear a Change tune yuh tell yuhself its Change wid Luther Vandross or without?

When I listen Temptations I just listen, I don't differentiate between the various eras.

Comment

The fact you dont know Stylistics from Manhattans and deh push up inna big (tall?) people argument.

Wonder Woman is one of my faves by Stylistics..I recall my first job out of high school was at the now defunct Radio West and Stylistics had come to MoBay for a show at Disco Inferno and they came to the studio to do some interviews.

I recall standing beside the light skinned one with the high pitch- Russell Tomkins Jr as he was warming up his voice and singing few lines of Wonder Woman...clean and clear like crystal
                              Che Guevara.

Comment

Working...
                              X