No announcement yet.

Now people lets hear it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Uhuru with Junior Reid maintained a somewhat similar kind of style like they had with Rose singing lead. Not the same but similar. After Puma Jones that was it though.
    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

What's the point of keeping these names when the group is completely changed? I'm sure to this day you have some version of the Stylistics, Chi-Lites, Temptations, Manhattans, etc. floating around the place with some 20-something year old and maybe only one member of the original group still there. Is like di Wailers! Why bother!?!?!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

I think there are two different Temptations or one of those bands touring right now...each with an original member
        Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
        Che Guevara.

Comment

Because the brand still has some drawing power because people know the songs they had. Most of those groups make thier money by touring constantly after the hits dry up, and the name makes a big difference when touring.

The Temps had all sorts of problems with that. Otis didn't want any of the former Temps using the name AT ALL. He even took Dennis Edwards to court for touring under the name "Dennis Edwards and the Temptations Review".
          "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

otis EVVA sang lead on anything?!!!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

I see where Russell Thompkins started a new group called the New Stylistics. They have had some success.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

it's the backgorund vocals that made the chunes hits. yuh NEVVA know dat?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

chi lites mosiah...my bad. i consulted my trusty ipod. couple of those songs mix me up..that is one. "break up to make up" and "ebony eyes" do it as well

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

no problem, gamma. y'see, it happens to the very best of us! sickko nuh claim him can discern russell thompkins voice if him did even deaf!

i always had a problem, back in the day, knowing the difference between those two groups, even though it seems so obvious now.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Aren't those two by the Stylistics. I remember when the debate was always who was better Chi-lites or the Stylistics. Tough call but I would give the edge to the Stylistics.

Comment

LOL, No but is him and Melvin did own the group apparently.

You ever see the Temptations movie?

Ruffin say "They (the fans) come to see me"

Otis say "No they come to see the Temptations"

Ruffin say "Ain't nobody coming to see you Otis, you WISH!"

I am sure some of it was Hollywood embellishment but it was funny still.

Comment

i remember those debates. i guess it always came down to which group had the current hit song.

yuttie is going, Are these guys for real! Gaza mi seh!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

chi-lites for me...OH GIRL...a di BOMB!!!

stoned out of mind
                            time for love
                            half a love
                            go away dream
                            too good to be forgotten
                            toby
                            living in the footsteps of another man (covered VERY well by the pasadenas)

Comment

go away dream is not a jamaican song?

who did a local version?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

the group from chicago gets my vote....

i think the stylistics may have had more or bigger hits but i loved the chilites songs...i listed a few below.

Comment

Working...
                                X