I don't know who to believe, certain Jamericans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't know who to believe, certain Jamericans

that tour the country when the pop back in or the locals that ply the routes daily.<P class=StoryText align=justify>WHITEHOUSE, Westmoreland - Cab drivers who operate on the Savanna-la-Mar to Whitehouse route on Monday withdrew their services and blocked sections of the usually busy roadway to protest against poor road conditions in the area.

According to taxi operator Michael Reid, the roads, particularly between Belmont and Whitehouse, have been in a deplorable state for more than five years.<P class=StoryText align=justify>"We want to get the roads fixed; it needs to be addressed now because our vehicles are being damaged badly," he told the Observer.<P class=StoryText align=justify>"It was just last night that I drop in a pothole and burst one of my tyres," Reid added.<P class=StoryText align=justify>Peter Davis, another taxi operator, said former member of parliament for the area, P J Patterson, had promised to have the roads fixed, but so far nothing has been done.<P class=StoryText align=justify><P class=StoryText align=justify>These Jamericans must be from the Campell-Morrison School of Information...

RE: I don't know who to believe, certain Jamericans

There are sections between Negril and Little London that need a face lift...but, Bluefields/Belmont to Whitehouse? Drove that road 3 times and never saw what the taxi-drivers say demands a demonstation.

I suppose when you get right down to it you can find something to cuss about allour roads - (Hey! Couldn't the toll road be straighter andcouldn't there have been 8 lanes in each direction?) - ...but, so it is with roads in the good ole USA!
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

hehehehe ... Karl ... yuh credibility get shat?
      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Heh, heh.

Yuh graduate with First Class Honours from Campbell-Morrison School of Information.

Mi glad seh yuh post dem pon internet fi all to see.

If anybody was ah wonder HOW Jamaica coulda stay suh... wheh dem seh.. happy as a pig in sh....

Comment

Working...
        X